home home Facebook twitter pinterest instagram goodreads email OPSEC recipes travel hawaii bucket list about erica Image Map

AdSense

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chicken Casserole

Hello, Pinterest visitors and welcome to my blog!  If you like this recipe, feel free to click on my Recipes page to find even more, or you could hop over to my Travel page and check out all of the cool places I've traveled to in Hawaii and elsewhere.  And don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!  Thanks for looking!  :)


After asking for it a few weeks ago, I finally invited my friend Bonnie and her husband over to enjoy some delicious chicken casserole with my family and me.


We had a great time catching up, and I had fun making this recipe (a staple in our family that came from my Mamaw) for the first time ever!  Now that I have the first time out of the way, I can't wait to start making this for Mr. L in Hawaii =)

Chicken Casserole


Ingredients

  • 1 chicken's worth shredded meat (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (we actually ended up using three)
  • Approx. 3/4 container of sour cream (you could use a whole container instead and just not use 3 cans of cream of chicken soup)
  • Approx. 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 1 package Ritz crackers, crushed (Note: by package I do NOT mean a whole box!)
  • Copious handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese (not pictured)


Directions

Mix together the chicken, soup, sour cream, and cheese in a bowl.


Pour the mixture into a baking pan and spread evenly.


Add crushed Ritz crackers all over the top of the mixture.


Melt butter completely; spoon over the top of the cracker crumbs.


Bake in a 350° oven for about 35 minutes, or until casserole is heated through and the cracker topping is nice and crispy.


Serve and hope your family/guests/loved ones don't devour it in one sitting =)  Such a ridiculously simple recipe -- I can't believe I haven't made it sooner, but I have a feeling it will become a staple.  Hope you enjoy it like we do!


Follow

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Love it! I'll have to save this one and try making Mamaw's chicken casserole myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size container of sour cream?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense 2